RE: Fuel sender and gas guage

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel sender and gas guage
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:35:14 -0600

Hi Al,

I'm not sure about the sender, but you can "calibrate" the gauge -- if
you're willing to remove it from the car and then partially take it apart.

Basically, take the glass off and then connect the wires up to the sender.
It's best if your tank is empty -- I assume it's more important to be
accurate at the bottom of the tank than at the top. Turn on the ignition
(don't have to start the engine) and see what the gauge reads. You can very
carefully "bend" the needle to read whatever you want at empty.

It's hard to describe but if you remove the gauge glass you'll see what I
mean. The needle is very soft metal and bends easily. I suggest holding the
base of the needle in a small pair of needle nose pliers and using a small
screw driver to perform the bend.

HTH.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO