Re: Carb rebuild

To: res0s0t7@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Carb rebuild
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:28:19 +0000
Gary:

During a carb rebuild two years ago I found that the float valves were
operating freely but the the hole was worn and enlarged. (not speaking of
the main jets)  I replaced them.  Since the diaphragms are so cheap I
replaced them as a matter of course.

You can save a few bucks by only replacing the neoprene throttle shaft seal
and not the brass insert.  Those little buggers are a bit pricey.  Just be
careful when removing the neoprene seal as the brass bits are very easy to
mangle.  My best suggestion is to replace as much as you can afford to buy
so you don't have to revisit your work.  FWIW - IMHO.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, Woodinville, WA>