Re: Gas in the Sump? Update

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Gas in the Sump? Update
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:04:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/03 9:39:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> P.S. I can't believe the King of Concours is putting on a NON-STOCK
> exhaust!  ;-)

Hey Dave, even us Concours type guys, yourself included, need a walk on the
wild side.  The Ansa is original to my Six as I bought it sooooo, can I call
period equipment? It is way cool and possibly the best aftermarket exhaust
ever for the TR6 so I will take the deduction.  Too bad you can't buy them
new anymore.

Well, thanks again guys. I just drained the sump and after a normal amount of
oil about a gallon of nice clear Sunoco high test fuel followed.  Remembering
that I had just filled the tank about 10 days ago I popped the air cleaner
off to check the Carbs.  Rear one first, nice and dry, Front one next, Wet as
heck and I had not run the car since the fill up.  I was kind of thinking
last night as I lay in bed unable to sleep (I hate it when one of my good
Triumph Buddies is broke) that the needle valves could be the problem, never
thought that it was related to a full tank of gas.

Really, we are planning on "Heading into Los Angeles" -----  "Bringing in a
couple of 3's"  This fall from Ohio.  Well, 1 TR3, 1 TR250, 1 TR4 and 2
TR6's.  I hope there isn't any snow in the passes that time of year.

Cheers,
Darrell