Re: Temp Sending Unit Resistance

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temp Sending Unit Resistance
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:31:07 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Another 6-packer posted earlier this week looking for assistance in
debugging a temp gauge problem. I suggested that the sending unit might be
bad, but came up blank looking for what sort of resistance values one
might measure with a DMM to prove that the sending unit is good/bad.

I do know that 0 ohms will cause the meter to register "H", because that's
what happens if you ground the sending unit wire.

I do not know any other resistance values.

If anyone has any actual resistance values for the sending unit related to
any temp. range, please post to the list. Don't post unless you actually
measured the resistnace and coolant temp. or you know of an irrefutable
published reference (like a web page pointing out errors in the Triumph
Factory Manual). Thanks.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |