RE: Tires

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tires
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:38:43 -0400
Al, I guess I look at it this way. There are a few parts of a car that I
want to make sure are as modern as possible, some for reliability
reasons (electronic ignition), some for safety (tires and seat belts).
When it somes to the tires, I've never felt more in control of my car
than after I got rid of those squirelly Michelins that are hard as a
rock, and put on a nice new set of Yokohama performance tires. Now it
rides like a dream, and I have no more sliding around curves.

I think the only way I'd ever put the Michelins back on my car is if I
had them mounted on a different set of wheels, and carried them to a
show in the back of a truck. Since my car isn't a concours contender
anyway, I probably won't bother. Just be careful - old tires are a
safety issue.

<mc>