Re: Chrome polish confusion

To: Peter.Kronberg@hp.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrome polish confusion
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:15:29 -0400
Peter,
I cannot say specifically regarding plated items such as your bumper, but
I spent a lot of time in the "polishing "room" at a local jewelry store
during my employ there.
For fine jewelry items, Tripoli was typically used for general or rough
finishing, while the white or yellow rouge was to finish the job. Again i
do not know how the two would apply to plated (chrome) parts, as all of
this type of polishing is removing some of the surface. If it were me I
would start with the finest and work up from there.
The other way to go is "semichrome" polish, of which I use a lot. It
works well too.

HTH
Mark Riddle