RE: Radiators

To: Jim Swarthout <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Radiators
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:42:33 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Jim Swarthout wrote:

> Dave,

All...

> My stock "74" has 4-rows. I would look for another radiator shop! For
> $300.00, (If originality isn't an issue), you could have a custom
> aluminum radiator made.

I am sorry to say that the stock radiator for TR6 is two rows. Most
radiator shops will have a listing for it.

Now - the wierd thing about the stock TR6 radiator core is that the tubes
for the "rows" are located in a straight line. Getting an exact replica of
the radiator core will more expensive than a simple 2-row recore.

In 1999 dollars, a modern "unaligned" two-row rad. re-core cost me about
$175 (I'm in the Boston area). I got another radiator doen with a
three-row core about a year later, the cost for that was about $250 (more
or less).

Note: the two-row "unaligned" core offers "a little more" cooling, but a
little more is certainly less than 10% more cooling.

If you have a four-row, it's def. not stock.

> Jim

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |