Re: EFI for TR6

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: EFI for TR6
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:29:44 -0600
At 08:38 AM 3/6/03 -0800, michael lunsford wrote:

>With all of the discussion about the increased horsepower from a cross
>flow head, an aluminum head and such let's not forget about EFI.  If
>someone really wants to do the 6 pack listers a service they need to find
>a way to get a workable Electronic Fuel Injection system  set up for the
>6.  I have made lots of inquiries of six pack listers who were "in the
>process" of installing EFI on their sixes but have not heard of a single
>person who got it sorted out and was bragging about the results.

2 guys in my club (Illinois) designed and installed EFI on a TR6 about 5
years ago. The stock intake manifold had 6 injectors installed into it and
the Strombergs were gutted and modified into throttle bodies. Since this
was done, the car has been driven to VTR meets in MN, CO, and NY. The owner
loves the setup. The guy that did the design is a fuel injection engineer,
and has his own company. He also fuel injected his wife's GT6.

I don't know if there was any intention to sell these systems or not, but
at least you know it is doable.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58