Re: sway bar bracket

To: lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: sway bar bracket
From: Brad Sivacoe <t_r_6_1971@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:49:09 -0500 (EST)
   Hi Joe,
      I bought some new poly bushings for my front sway bar not to long ago and
they were circular. My brackets that I pulled off were a little bent out of
shape so I straightened them out. As for getting them over the sway
bar....don't split them! The method i used  was to put them in some boiling
water for a while so they became softer and then you should be able to slip
them over the bar. Hope this helps.
           Brad
 lizirbydavis@cs.com wrote:Hi List,
I've just taken the roll bar off the front of the car. Two questions: What are
the brackets supposed to look like. Are they supposed to be semicircular (to
match the shape of the poly bushings I bought)? The brackets I pulled off are
almost eliptical. The rubber bushings and U bolts are comformed perfectly to
this unsual shape. I can't see how a poly bushing can be made to fit into this
bracket. Second, how do you get the bushing on to the bar? There is no way I
can get the bushing over the ends of the bar. It seems that the bushing would
have to be split to fit, although the rubber bushings were not.
Joe Davis