RE: Falcon Stainless exhaust help

To: "'Charlie Shaw'" <charlie.shaw@acsalaska.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Falcon Stainless exhaust help
From: Keith Meinhold <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:30:43 -0800
Its late so bare with me.  On my (76 Tr6) I had to cut the pipes only after
an initial fitting because they were too long and passed the bend at the
front pipe.  Once I had them fit I cut them to length (as I remember only
about 4 inches).  My system does not hang down below where the originals
were, and in fact take nearly the same route.  My mufflers are in front of
the rear valance, but the pipes stick up and out past it.  It does seem a
little low at the rear most point, but I just take care on steep driveway
entries.  Only dray back is that the rear bumper can get hot at times as it
appears the tips blow almost directly on it.

All in all you will recognize a nicer than the already stock sound and some
minor increase in performance.  I eventually had my system welded, because
not matter what I did the pipes would always start to leak at the clamps.

Keith Meinhold
66 Marston Avenue
San Francisco CA 94112

4 1 5   5 8 5   5 9 9 8  H