2nd to 3rd clash

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2nd to 3rd clash
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:22:53 -0800
I just got my transmission back from a rebuild at TRF. Mainly, it is a
revelation after living with it in its previous state for 10 years, but
I find that I am getting some grinding during the 2 - 3 shift if the
revs are up. Puttering around town is no problem, but any sort of quick
shift at >3000 rpm is trouble. Is it something I am doing? I make sure
to put the clutch in fully (rebuilt system due to suspicion that this
was the cause) and I let up fully on the gas. Should I be trying to
match revs for this shift? 1 - 2 and 3 - 4 are no problem.

I also changed gear oil from Redline MT 90 to Sta-Lube 85W90. That
seemed to improve things a bit.

Taking it slow for now,

Jay