RE: TR6 O/D operating gears

To: "'David Friedlander'" <forzion@maine.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 O/D operating gears
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 21:18:29 -0500
Dave,
The transmission top cover switch configuration determines in what gears
the overdrive will operate. If your top cover has three switches on top,
o/d should operate in 2nd, 3rd & 4th. If it has one switch on top toward
the shift lever, o/d should operate in 3rd and 4th only. None of the
various configurations, A or J type allowed o/d to operate in 1st gear.
Not knowing what the previous owner did limits a definitive answer to
your question, but assuming he installed an early transmission and
proper top cover with the A type o/d, you should be able to engage o/d
in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears.

Hope this helps,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA