Spider gear clearances Question

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Spider gear clearances Question
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:29:17 +0000
>That's all I know about limited slip on TR6 differentials.
regards,
>rml

Encore, encore....      THANKS for the info.  It was exactly what I sought,
times three.  I just may know someone who has a Locker.   If not, the
phantom was what I was thinking of for my low buck Spit racer.

The differential I am working on is very tight in the spider gears. The
spider gears had a "clicking" to them when turned and they were very stiff
turning besides.  I finally got it apart, but I messed up a shim.  I sanded
out the mark and put them back together and it seemed worse. Then I put some
new shims in and it still seems worse than before I started.  I'm wondering
what the clicking is and how tight the spider gears can be without problems.
            SD steve