hardtop blues

To: 6pack mail list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: hardtop blues
From: Terry Geiger <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:28:58 -0600 (CST)
I've been working on a factory hardtop for my TR6 but due to the very poor
condition of the steel shell I've decided to search for another hard top.  I
have a good set of glass and most of the chrome trim is good.

This car is a daily driver so I'd like to have another hardtop before next
winter sets in.

I have been investigating the fiberglass hardtop originally manufactured by
Parish and now manufactured by Smoothline.  I've seen both and the fiberglass
version is much lighter and more practical than the steel hardtop.  The steel
hardtop is, in my opinion, more attractive.

Does anyone have a used fiberglass top they'd like to sell?  I can get a new
one but a used one should be more affordable.

Does anyone have a factory hardtop (with broken glass, etc but with good steel
shell) they would like to sell?

Also, has anyone used both tops and do they have opinions as to which is
better?

Thanks,

Terry Geiger
Florence, Alabama USA