Re: Frame strength

To: mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Frame strength
From: YeOldEd@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:28:09 EST
I saw my first TR one sunday afternoon in 1956. It was at a car club rally at
Royal Air Force, Ahlhorn, in North West Germany.

We had set a timed course on the airdield "ladderbacks". The field included
Porsches, a Karmann Ghia, and my 53 220S Merc. (Wish I still had that one!) I
believe the TR was a 3, but I still remember the audible groan when the TR
made a wide left 90 degree turn at speed with both rear wheels firmly on the
ground, and the left front about six inches in the air. By the way, the
fastest time was recorded by the Ghia, no kidding!

Ahh, memory lane. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Mike N

CC75088L