Re: Tripple Carbs Verdict

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tripple Carbs Verdict
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:15:47 -0800 (PST)
I don't think anyone knows for sure, because no one has ever done dyno
tests back-to-back of identically prepared engines with 2 carbs vs. 3.
That would be a really interesting test...

I think we can all agree that you should spend your money on modifying
the engine a bit first (port/polish head, increase compression, add
performance cam, header, roller rockers, etc) before adding the third
carb.  The late-style stock intake manifold is pretty long and offer a
relatively straight shot to the head, and I bet it flows pretty well.
I'm sure you can get over 150hp out of the TR6 engine with stock dual
carbs, while still remaining reliable and streetable.  There are some
guys on this list with stock dual carbs, but with other mods, who are
running mid 15s on the 1/4 mile...

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

--- mocharand5@aol.com wrote:
> I was wondering, what was the general consciences if these worked or
> not for
> mod and mild mods?
> Isn't a straight shot to the cylinders better, even on stock? Doesn't
> the
> throttle valve compensate to properly mix the fuel air? Properly
adjusted?