miracles of bead blasters

To: "6pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: miracles of bead blasters
From: Andrew Packard <apackard@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:55:52 -0500
Two weeks ago I bought a $70 cabinet bead blaster.  The lid leaks a little and
my pancake compressor isn't powerful enough to work non-stop, but I'm amazed at
how one can bring a part back to life.  Tonight, after installing my three good
dash knobs, I decided to test the OEM horns I had removed a while back and
replaced with Autozone aftermarkets.  The screw and jam nut on top of the horns
were frozen and the electrical posts were corroded.  I used my impact wrench to
remove the jam nut, along with the adjusting screw, cleaned up the connections,
and tested with a spare battery.  After some fiddling with the adjusting screw,
I got a good tone out of each.  Then I hit them with the bead blaster and
repainted them gloss black (pride took over).  Now I have two perfectly working
and great looking original horns to put back on the car.  Now where is that
Autozone receipt . . .
Andy
CD6521L