More early-vs-late stuff: instruments

To: "TR6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: More early-vs-late stuff: instruments
From: "Doug Dwyer" <dougdwyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 09:15:53 -0800
Thanks to all who helped with my early-vs-late bumper questions. Now....

Can the earlier style instruments be directly swapped into a late dash ? I
don't care for the later style with the bright bezels.

Emission controls aside, are there any other serious considerations between
early and late cars? Of course, I'm hoping everyone will say "no"......

My idea of course, is to broaden my search criteria in hopes of finding the
right car. If a few relatively minor (and easy) changes will make a late car
essentially the same as an early car, well, I've greatly increased the
number of candidates as the late cars seem much more plentiful.

Thanks again

The pest,
Doug Dwyer
Longview, Washington USA