Re: Refurbishing TR6 Gages

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: Refurbishing TR6 Gages
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:49:31 -0600
Hugh,

  I had rims on my '69 where the paint was bubbling or cracking, what ever it
was looked strange. I removed the metal trim pieces, scraped of the sealer,
which was hard and cracking, with a small screw driver. This stuff flacked off
pretty easy on mine. I then bead blasted the rims and painted with semi gloss
black paint (nothing special).
  I used a light bead of black caulk to reseal the gauges. When it was tacky I
reassembled and used an exacto knife to trim the excess that squirted
through.
 On the small gauges I very carefully bent two or three of the small tabs
until the glass could be removed.
  The hardest part of the whole thing was keeping my fingers off the back side
of the glass.

Richard Seaton