Accelerator Pedal Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Accelerator Pedal Question
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:15:56 -0500
Hi List,

Happy Holidays to all, I do hope that Santa was nice to each of you.  I must
have been good this year, I managed to receive the Bentley manual, Dan Masters
Book and Roger Williams book, as well as a car cover and some much needed
tools.  I hope the rest of you did as well or better.(though not as well as I
think Jim, who if memory serves me, managed a whole TR6...you must have been a
very good boy Jim)

I have a question that falls in the category of curiosity more than anything.
Havent seen this asked before, so thought I would post it.  I have seen in
pictures and catalogs replacement rubber pads for the brake and clutch pedal,
but none for the accelerator pedal.  My gas pedal has no pad and is worn from
use.(guess I press too hard)  The pedal is in good condition, and works fine.
I would venture a guess that when new, the TR6 did not come with a rubber pad
on the accelorator.  Can anyone confirm or deny this.  Also, when it comes to
refurbishment, has the list just left well enough alone, painted the pedal, or
????

Aaron
CC63680L
(hibernating in Maine under a 12" blanket of new snow)