Re:

To: Gene Holtzclaw <motrv8d@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Greg Perry <rgp@ghg.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:23:13 -0600
Gene,

I had too clean the pistons and and the metering needles of the carbs.
 The metering needles had a buildup of uneven deposits on the needles.
 I used acetone and a rag to clean the needles.  Check the piston
diaphragm for cracks while cleaning the needles.  The gasoline in the
car probably has deteriorated and there might be some water in the fuel
tank, fuel filters and the carbs.  I also had to clean the spark plug
wire ends and the distributor cap/ rotor inside and out.  There was rust
buildup on the inanition wire end that goes to the distributor. I used
silicone spray after cleaning the ends.

I let the engine warm up.  Then  drove it around the neighborhood, it
coughed sputtered, missed at first but got better the longer that I
drove it.  I eventually made it to the feeder street of the freeway and
ran it through the gears a few times.  I came home and it idled sounded
very good except for an occasional miss (probably due to the distributor
cap/rotor).

It had been 7 years since the last time I drove it.  I had drained the
gas tank, carbs, radiator/ block and disconnected the battery terminals
before storage.

So IMHO,  Go drive the TR6 and get kinks out of it after cleaning the
metering needles and giving it some fresh fuel.