RE: Swar Bar Rubbers

To: "Alan & Debbie Lindner" <theedge@cts.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Swar Bar Rubbers
From: "Neil Beesley" <Neil.Beesley@securesult.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:42:42 -0000
Hi

When I fitted my uprated front bar, the poly bushes it came with were just
cut, straight, along the back (the part that's flush against the body
crossmember). There's nowhere for the rubber to go when clamped up anyway,
so I'd suggest just cutting them.

Getting the old nuts off the old u-bolts was impossible, as did the
drop-links, so they got hacked off and replaced - they weren't exactly "u"
shaped any more anyway... But I seem to remember that if you unbolt the
radiator and wiggle it forwards or backwards you can just about manage to
reach them with a long socket extension, and plenty of bad language..

Good luck

Neil