RE: oversteer, understeer, neutral steer...thoughts, theories,

To: "'Jim Swarthout'" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oversteer, understeer, neutral steer...thoughts, theories,
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:49:47 -0500
Jim,

See if you can find the book "How to make your car handle" by Fred Puhn
sold by HP Books. There are so many ways of doing it and even saying it
that I wouldn't know where to begin. Basically there was nothing in the
market to meet my needs so I had to design my own system using NASCAR
style bars. My system was in a Grassroots Motorsports article featuring
a TR6 several years ago.
All cars come from the factory to understeer (front slide first) because
the designers know that the average guy or gal doesn't know what to do
with an oversteering (rear slides first) car.

Mike Munson