Fwd: Re: TRF magic clutch kit

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: TRF magic clutch kit
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:26:04 -0800 (PST)
It's not the clutch that's the problem Jay, it's the throwout bearing.
I have always had B&B clutches on my car, and never had a problem until
a few years back (1997 I think).  Then bearings started falling apart
left and right.  No matter which clutch you order, you'll always get
the same RHP bearing with it.  Since putting the Koyo (Toyata
Landcruiser) bearing in (still B&B clutch), I've had no problems.  I
think you'd be making a mistake by assuming that the LUK clutch will
solve the issue - a badly made bearing is a badly made bearing.  But if
you are lucky, maybe you'll get an LUK clutch and it'll come with an
RHP bearing that isn't from one of the bad batches...  I'd rather not
take that chance, having had to remove the gearbox several times in 3
months to replace bearings.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6