mysterious electrical problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: mysterious electrical problem
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:25:12 -0600
This question actually applies to my 1989 Isuzu Trooper but a) it's an
interesting electrical glitch that would be worthy of a British car and b)
it's not about roller rockers.

So ... when the temperature is cold outside, both my fuel and temp gauges
stop working (which would indicate they have a common electrical feed.)
Power on both sides of the fuse is OK.

When the truck has warmed up after 10 minutes of driving, both gauges start
to work. This would appear to be a temperature-related connection problem,
but any ideas on where to start tracking it? As everybody knows, taking
apart the dash in modern cars is a pain in the butt.

Thanks.

Graham