Ebay -- These guys are NUTS!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Ebay -- These guys are NUTS!
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:18:14 EST
OK, I have just seen it all. A TR6 gearshift knob went for $73.50.  9 bids
with guys going nuts like they gotta have it.  Sure, it was leather wrapped
with the nice metal shift pattern and looking real NOS, OE and all that.
Yes, I wanted it but I guess I will have to live with my TRF reproduction
knob that looks exactly like the originals.  But I will realize the
difference everytime I downshift and I will forever regret not bidding it up
to $80.
Cheers,
Darrell