RE: speedo and tach ground wires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: speedo and tach ground wires
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:27:57 -0600

Yep.

> Is it OK to put them on one of the gauge-to-
> dash mounting bolts on the back of the gauge
> and tightened down with the knurled nut?

Yes, in fact I believe that's exactly where they were installed at the
factory.

The two big gauges need a ground so that the bulbs which illuminate them
(the red/white wire bulbs) will work. Also, the speedo needs the ground so
the voltage regulator gets grounded. I'm guessing but I suspect if the two
large gauges in your car were not grounded, none of the illumination bulbs
on them (2 on each gauge) worked and I suspect the temp gauge and fuel gauge
readings were in error (if there were any readings at all).

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO