Re: TR250 Valence Paint (Looking for the Chief Judge)

To: tr6@mac.com
Subject: Re: TR250 Valence Paint (Looking for the Chief Judge)
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:15:23 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/02 6:37:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tr6@mac.com
writes:

> Not so sure about the TR6, I still haven't found an original
> publicity shot that shows colour behind the grill, and any time I've
> looked at a car with a known history the visible mounting points
> behind the grill have been black.

Dang, I had to go out in the garage to double check the valance on the Six
just to make sure.  It is body color and most likely the Laurel Green paint
was sprayed in England.  Of course it is a 71 so this can't be an indicator
of later cars.

I am also going to say that the rockers on TR250's are painted body color
too!  Now whether the rear valance on 69 TR6's was body color or blacked out
is other matter on which I have no opinion.

Hey, I have another one for you guys.  How were the exterior mirrors on
TR250's and early TR6's mounted on the stems? Before you answer this question
open up your trusty Factory Spare Parts Catalogue and look at the picture of
a TR250.  You will see that the mirror is mounted with the longest part on
top.  Where is the 6PACK Chief Judge in this discussion?  I couldn't help to
notice that his mirror is mounted incorrectly on his 69 TR6.  HA HA!  Of
course his excuse is that he is using a factory brochure as reference which
has it the other way.  Go figure.

Cheers,
Darrell