Re: No Triumph, but car related

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: No Triumph, but car related
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:32:36 -0600
Marty, my wife had a Dodge Caravan (your Jeep is a Chrysler product) and
the engine RPM would increase slightly when you engage the cruise then
back off to the original set point.  I always assumed the idea was to
let you know it was engaging.  However, if this just started happening
to your vehicle, then I suppose it may be a problem.  If so, then might
be worth bringing it to a dealer anyway, I had a problem with cruise not
working at all and it was related to a vacuum problem, which in turn was
considered an emission control problem and covered under a longer
warranty.

John - 1976 TR6

Marty wrote:>
My wife drives a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.9L engine.  Now
that it
JUST got past it warranty it has developed a glitch.  When driving at
highway
speeds with the cruise on, the engine will increase speed by 200rpm for
just
a fraction of a second when the cruise backs off to maintain speed.  You
can
get it to do it less noticeably with the cruise off by feathering the
gas.
It doesn't really affect the drivability of the car it's just annoying
as
heck.  Since I use this as my tow vehicle for my TR6 when I autox I
guess
this can be considered Triumph related:)  Any Ideas out there as to what
it
could be?