Re: Enginestand mounting

To: ms6453@optonline.net (Mitchel Seff)
Subject: Re: Enginestand mounting
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
Mitch---The engine back plate gives a wider setting for the stand-arm
bolts. (The particular stand I have wouldn't close in enough to pick up
the tapped holes in the block.) As written, you'll either have to take
out the crank before mounting on the stand, OR come up with an engine
back plate that's been relieved at the bottom. I think TRF "loans" these
modified back plates out, if you buy overhaul parts from them.
Most of the time I leave the chains connected to the block and hoist for
the added feeling of safety.

Dick