RE: oil filter adapter

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: oil filter adapter
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:27:52 -0500
I have a vague recollection that unbolting the clutch slave cylinder made
this job easier. also, jacking up the engine slightly gives a little extra
clearance (but don't put your fingers anywhere they could get crushed if the
jack should slip). overall, this is just a typically annoying LBC project
... but one with a happy ending.

before you tighten the new adaptor you should screw on the new filter to
check for clearance; as I recall, the assembly needs to tilt slightly
forward to clear the slave cylinder.

also, make sure to remove the old rubber O-ring, and lubricate the new
o-ring with clean engine oil.

Graham