Re: Looking to restore a TR6

To: <Sutherlandha@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Looking to restore a TR6
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:52:06 -0400
Hugh,

The company is White Post Restorations.  IMHO, I would use them *only* if I
wanted to build a guaranteed concourse show winner.  They do beautiful work,
but expect to pay a LOT of money.  They will accept your car with a $25,000
deposit, and you can expect to pay several to tens of thousands more.
Minimum turn-around time is 2 years.

If ever you have a chance to see their work, it is wonderful.  Each car has
its own stall, and everything is placed in well-labeled baggies.  A tour of
their facility is eye-boggling.

Bottom line is, if you are into TR6s, you probably cannot afford them.
These guys are into Duzy's, Caddies, and real exotica.

Why not buy a car that has already been restored?  Restorers will always
take a loss when time comes to sell their car.

Shane Ingate in Maryland

[Thinks: If ever I sell my car, I'd probably only get 30% of what I put into
it.  NO SALE!  :)  ]