RE: TRIUMPHOWNERS.COM - font sizes

To: "'Joe Curry'" <Spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RE: TRIUMPHOWNERS.COM - font sizes
From: "Glen Johnson" <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:31:40 +1100
O.K. Joe,

This is a little off topic and I'd rather discuss it out of the list but
seeing as you raised the point on the list I feel the need to respond
publicly in case anyone else has any questions about
www.triumphowners.com and its font sizes.

Seeing as you are using Netscape you will have problems with how sites
look.  If you are using Netscape 4 in particular then it does not
support web standards appropriately and one side effect is that it makes
fonts horribly small.

We will not be adjusting our site for a minority audience.  Our site has
statistics software and I can tell you with certainty that only 6.6% of
our visitors are using Netscape.

The only other complaint I have had was from another Netscape user (at
1024x768) and he acknowledged that he had similar problems elsewhere and
did not expect us to change our site because of his preference in
browser.

I thank you for your input but the majority of people (89% of people)
coming to our site use Internet Explorer and do not have any troubles.

Best regards to you and all other readers,

Glen.
www.triumphowners.com

P.S> if anyone else has any problems please email me off-list as this is
not the place for these sorts of questions.