RE: performance tires

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: performance tires
From: "Simms, Bruce CIC" <BSimms@cicorp.sk.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:18:16 -0600
Drew:  I'm far from a tire expert, but I chose Goodyear Eagle GT+4 which you
can get in 195-70-15.   Very close to stock diameter I believe, but a modern
tire with a high speed rating.  While the M/S rating may not be desirable
from a performance point of view, they were useful during an unexpected
storm in the Rockies. I've not put a significant mileage on them yet.   No
clearance problems, even with tube shock conversion.

Some shops can install a redline stripe on your blackwall if you like that
look.  I've heard that there's an outfit in (N. Carolina?) that re-caps and
redstripes modern Michelins.

Bruce Simms
CF1941UO