Carb Bypass Valve connections

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Bypass Valve connections
From: "Peter Farquharson" <peterfarquharson@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:07:21 -0600
My '74 TR6 is suffering from what I expect is a common issue, the missing
thermostatic vacumn valve that is supposed to be in the top rad hose.

What I'd like to know, is if there is a recommeded connection solution that
keeps the bypass valves operating properly. Is it as simple as connecting
the 2 bypass valves together with a "T", then connect this to yet another
"T" that connects to both the vacumn source on the fron carb, and also to
the distributor vacumn? Should there be a fuel trap in there somewhere?

Thanks!

Peter