Lift-the-dot fastener

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Lift-the-dot fastener
From: Vsnively@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:35:24 EDT
Listers,
  I believe there was a brief discussion some time back regarding this issue,
so I apologize in advance.
  I notice in TRF catalog Volume 2 that there is a "lift-the-dot" fastener at
the bottom of the passenger's seat backrest on the tunnel side. This
apparently provides a mounting point for the tonneau strap.
  One drawing shows only the threaded fastener, another shows it as well as a
lock
washer and nut. Before I find out the hard way, on a '75 model, is there a
threaded hole in the seat frame to accept the fastener, or is it a through
hole that requires a lock and nut ?
  Thanks in advance for your responses.
  Vic Snively