air pump - oil or grease?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: air pump - oil or grease?
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:05:19 -0400
Well, the alternator looks so good, I decided to clean up the air pump.
I couldn't find any parts diagram for the thing, so I took it apart,
cleaned it up, etc. There's a clip of roller bearings inside, and they
were dry as a bone. I put a little Marvel oil on them, and put it all
back together, but should they be oiled periodically, or should I take
it back apart and apply some grease? If so, what kind? Thanks! (It
sounds a lot smoother at the moment regardless)

Mark Creamer
76 TR6  CF53032UO (Fullsize)
55 BMW 507 (1/18 scale)