RE: high voltage?

To: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: high voltage?
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:19:27 -0700
Mark,

Temperature plays a part in the voltage level.  However to answer your
question a fully charged Lead-Acid battery should have 2.2 volts (or so)
per cell at 70 deg F.  Therefore the battery should be 13.2 volts.

On the other hand, what are you using to read the voltage with?  Most
in-expensive voltmeters are not accurate enough to make a good
measurement.  I'm not sure I'd trust anything from the parts shop or for
that matter Radio Shack.  If you can get a hold of one of the Fluke
Handheld DMM's (DM75, DM77, etc)they have shown stable and accurate (our
company does test equipment and calibrations).   There are some others
also but I'm partial to Fluke, after all with a name like Fluke it has to
be good.

Steve Hanselman
tr6@kc4sw.com
1972 TR6