Re: Idle Problem - Anti-run-on Valve & Pertronix

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Idle Problem - Anti-run-on Valve & Pertronix
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:47:51 -0700 (PDT)
Dick et al,

The only emissions systems remaining on my 74 TR6 are
the crankcase vapor, fuel tank vapor, and anti-run-on
valve systems. The original owner removed everything
associated with the thermostatic vacuum switch as well
as the EGR valve.

The vacuum retard on my distributor is now directly
connected to the lower manifold connection by the
front carb. The small hoses from the top right of each
carb that would connect to the thermostatic switch (I
think) are connected to each other.

My question: without the thermostatic vacuum switch,
is the vacuum retard really "doing" anything at all,
or should I completely disconnect/plug it and then set
the dynamic idle timing to 12 (or 10?) BTDC?

Thanks,

William
'74 TR6

http://faith.yahoo.com