Rattling right front brake?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rattling right front brake?
From: Don McGilvery <drm@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:19:47 -0400
Hi all,

My last post was so successful (New engine with a hitch solved by re-gapping
the points!) that it's time for another:
While traveling along at times when there is a "sound barrier" along the
passenger's side of the road (guard rails, close vegetation, fencing, etc.)
I hear a "rattle" from the right front that goes away as soon as I lightly
press the brakes. Is this simply too much play (rebound?) of the pads away
from the rotor? Has anyone had this problem and solved it? There doesn't
appear to be anything loose in the wheel, rotor, caliper areas. (?)

Thanks in advance,
Don '60 TR6