Re: vacuum

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: vacuum
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:01:17 -0400
Could be an oops here, my shop supplement says 10 BTDC static, 4
ATDC at idle . You guys are always talking 10 BTDC, so I figure
it's the same 10 (ie static) and set my 74 at 4 ATDC at idle .
Notice the manual shows 2 vac units on the distributor (for an
earlier car?). My antennas go up, so I set by ear and wind up at
10 BTDC at idle, nothing disconnected. Is this by chance the
timing spec for my stock 74?

Car idles and pulls better, the vac is now up to 16 (that low
compression on #4 is still doing its job), and best of all what I
thought was an untraceable exhaust leak noise, has disappeared. No
pinging yet (on mid grade gas).

Thanks for the lead on this one, Dick.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug,74TR6