TR6 performance camshaft information

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 performance camshaft information
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:20:12 -0400
All,

With my ongoing engine rebuild, I have been researching available cam
grinds.  I put together information on "off-the-shelf" cams on my website
at:

    http://triumph.hottr6.com/tr6cams.html

There are over 20 cams in this table.

Some notes include:
    1) The British cam grinders seem to exclude all vital information, and
thus make choosing a profile very difficult and a crap shoot.
Alternatively, the American hot-rod ethic is about sharing with your friends
what makes your car go faster than theirs!
    2) TSI's S2 and S4 cams are the same as Kastener's.
    3) Even at best, the information on profiles is very weak, indicating
that cam grinder's are still "hiding" proprietary profiles.

I still have some grinds to research, and will add them as they come to hand
(eg Isky & Crower, and Kastener's S3).  If anyone has any personal grinds
they would like to share with the list, I would be delighted to add it them
the table.

Enjoy!

Shane Ingate in Maryland