Re: News on Mid Ohio

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: News on Mid Ohio
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:14:41 -0700 (PDT)
 Tom and rml,

      As I walked around last weekend at mid Ohio I got to take a peek at the
72 car (Jack Madison, I think), I was told that it stuffed into a wall
backwards. The Trunk pan and inner fenders still looked pretty bad on Saturday,
but the outer fenders were replaced and looked pretty good. As I recall, he got
some of the repair body parts from Sam Halkias, hense the slogan on the back;
"the shape of things still around"... I love that taunt.

     I think the most interesting story of the weekend was how the guys patched
the TR5 back together in time to win the all Triumph race. The guy that was
working on the TR5 told me that the Lucas injection was the first thing they
threw away when they built that car, calling it a "F*&$(#$ piece of junk". It
ran pretty well with the Webers though :)

P.S. I have digital photos of the electronically injected TR6, and The TR5 if
anyone wants them.

 Ryan Miles