Re: Fwd: Re: [I Feared The Worst]

To: tjh173@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [I Feared The Worst]
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:15:47 -0400
Hello all,

I've read the comments about realigning the hood and am a bit mystified.
Maybe I missed something along the way but I removed and replaced mine by
myself (using an electric hoist because it IS clumsy) and had no major
problems realigning to the fenders and cowl.  I had to move it fore and
aft a couple of times but was done in about 15 minutes.  I removed the
bolts from the hood rather than the fenders.  Most times the manuals will
tell you to scribe the bolt or washer so that it goes back to the
original position.  In this case, rather than scratch the paint you might
mark the original location with the glue from a hot glue gun.  The glue
should peel right off after re-installation.  Whaddaya think?

Jay Welch, Abington MA
Secretary, "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
1973 TR6 driver, 1971 TR6 project
1989 Mustang GT someday morphing into a Factory Five '65 Roadster