Re: Late style PDWA shuttle needed

To: "Stephen L. Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>,
Subject: Re: Late style PDWA shuttle needed
From: "Nelson Riedel" <Nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:54:02 -0400
> If you want to replace the PDWA all it needs is a couple of female brass
> blocks.  My problem is what is the thread pitch.  If you find out please
> post it, I'd like to do the same thing on mine.
>
> Steve Hanselman
> tr6@kc4sw.com
> 1972 TR6

The threads on the PDWA are 7/16"-24 TPI for the front brake line and
3/8"-24 TPI for the rear brake line.

Another alternative is to put a plug in the switch hole in the PDWA using a
3/8" long 3/8"-24 TPI bolt with copper washer to seal it.  If the PDWA seals
are leaking or missing this essentially connects the front and rear lines
together.   This presents no operational problem since both sides are
normally at the same pressure.  However, it defeats  the purpose of the dual
system since a loss of pressure in one half will cause the entire system to
fail.  I advise against this approach.

I've machined several replacement PDWA pistons for my stack of  early PDWAs
using a altered design that eases the machining task considerably. Hopefully
I'll get this documented in a few weeks.   As to will I sell those
pistons --- sorry, but no  ---- I'm unwilling to take the liability risk.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)