RE: Boot Light

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Boot Light
From: Peter Zaborski <PZaborski@calgary.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:21:33 -0600

My 76 used to be the same way (until I rewired it to come on whenever the
trunk lid is raised). And the wiring diagrams confirm this as the correct
layout (ie. trunk light on only on when the lights are on).

I seem to recall a discussion on the big triumphs list a few years ago about
how this was a BL cost cutting measure on the later cars. I think one of the
ex-Triumph employees who was on the list at the time blamed it on the BL
accountants. Boy, those must have been tough times when you consider the
cost of a few extra feet of 18 gauge wire per car.

 :-)

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO