RE: [Re: Update on carbs]

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>,
Subject: RE: [Re: Update on carbs]
From: "Stephen L. Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:32:29 -0700
Hugh,

An alternator does take horsepower to run.  If it's under a real load you
might notice it.  Is your battery/cableing in good condition?  The
alternator does not put out full current at an idle ( but at about 1000 to
1200 RPM).  the regulator might be telling it to "go to full charge".

I think Dick meant mechanical problems such as bad bearings, warped housing
causing mechanical mis-alignment, etc

Steve hanselman
tr6@kc4sw
1972 TR6