Re: Warnings about vendors, sellers, etc

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Warnings about vendors, sellers, etc
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:20:01 -0400
Mark,

I respectfully disagree.  From my perspective, I want to hear about
potential pitfalls when dealing with folks trying to sell me something.
Doesn't mean that I will not use a person that gets a negative comment or
two.  I'll just be more careful.

A recent example comes to mind.  I wanted to buy the ss sport exhaust from
Rimmer.  After weighing all the pros and cons from the list, I took the
plunge and bought the system.  The system had many of the problems I was
warned about, but with the mass of experience from this list, I was able to
use our collective knowledge and get Rimmer to fix the problem.

Finally, information is what the list is about.  If we can't warn each other
about really bad situations, its value is diminished.

And that's my rant...

Peter
'68 TR250