RE: TR6 jacking points for floor jack

To: "'William Maslin'" <cwrm4@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 jacking points for floor jack
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:05:59 -0400
Some weakness? Hoo boy, there are plenty.

I always jack the car directly on the frame just behind the front wheels and
just ahead of the rear wheels. At the rear, be sure you are jacking the
frame, not the trailing arms. I never jack the rocker panels. After years of
exposure, even the best are soft. Frankly even when new they were too soft
to support the car.

To lift the front end entirely, you can jack under the cross-member in front
of the sump.

BTW, be careful at the back. If you jack too much you can slip the car
sideways pretty easily. Don't try to lift it 6 feet in the air
(exaggeration) from one side only. Do not try to lift the whole side from
the middle point in the frame. It's not safe, or strong enough.

Cheers,

Mark Hooper
72 TR6