Sound deadening material and brake booster

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sound deadening material and brake booster
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 18:07:59 -0400
I saw a post within the last day or so asking about a source for the sound
deadening pads.  Rimmer Brothers in the UK lists a pad for the door panels.
Might be worth a call or email to see if they are close to the stock item.

When I got my car in '95, it brakes were in bad shape.  It turns out that
the MC was leaking out of the rear seal and the booster was doing a great
job of hiding the leak.  When I removed the booster, it you could hear and
feel the brake fluid sloshing around inside.  I took it apart, but couldn't
find the parts to rebuild at the time and just replaced it with a new unit
(also replaced the MC of course).

I suggest removing the booster and checking it.  It is easy to do and I
wouldn't think the brake fluid is that great for the big rubber diaphragm
inside the booster.

Peter
'68 TR250